Another item has been crossed off our 2013 Fall Bucket List …
Make Pumpkin Pancakes!
Since my Paleo obsession … I came across these Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes and thought we should give them a try! I cannot take all the credit for making these though … my wonderful father made these for us Sunday morning.
This is a doubled recipe from the original.
Here are the ingredients and steps we used to make this Paleo fall favorite!
1. 8 eggs, beaten
2. 1 can pumpkin puree
3. 2 ripe bananas, mashed
4. 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
5. 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
7. 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
8. 2 teaspoons cinnamon
9. Pinch salt
1. Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract together, then add the canned pumpkin.
2. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and pinch of salt into the wet ingredients.
3. Mash 2 bananas, then add to the wet ingredients and mix.
4. Melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and then add to pancake mixture.
5. Spray your skillet, then pour batter onto skillet to make the pancakes!
The original recipe called for coconut flour to make the pancakes thicker and firmer, but we did not use because we thought the bananas would do the trick! I would definitely recommend adding in the coconut flour, because it was hard to flip the pancakes and they were kind of flimsy BUT they tasted great!
This recipe makes 10 pancakes.
Serve with pure maple syrup, almond butter, fruit, nuts, etc.
What is your favorite pumpkin pancake recipe?