Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Is everyone ready to eat lots and lots of turkey?! Monte is ready!
Excuse his snotty nose 🙂
I thought I would post one final Thanksgiving activity before the big day! This project was inspired by Cheap Crafty Mama’s turkey plates.
I was a little nervous making these hand-print, foot-print turkeys not knowing how well Monte would do. He ended up being very cooperative and had lots of fun!
1. Porcelain plates for the Dollar Store
2. Acrylic paint various colors
3. Foam Brush
4. Paper plates
5. Googly Eyes
6. Hot glue gun
7. Permanent marker, puffy paint, or acrylic paint pens (something to write with)
1. Gather all your supplies before you start! Because once you start, you do not want to be running around gathering more things while paint is at reach with a 2-year old! 🙂
2. Squirt all your paints onto paper plates. Take your foam brush and brush the paint onto the bottom of your little ones foot. Instead of having them step onto the plate, bring the plate to their foot and make a print. Then wash off his foot!
3. Then start with the hand prints! I brushed a color on Monte’s hand, pressed it onto the plate, then immediately washed his hand off before he got paint all over our kitchen. It is helpful to have a bowl of warm water and towel near by.
Monte enjoyed the brushing of the paint because it tickled 🙂
4. After we placed all of our hand prints around the foot, I went back through and filled the hand prints and foot print with paint where there were gaps.
5. Let dry over night.
6. Give your kiddos a bath because they WILL be a mess 🙂
7. The next day, add your googly eyes with a hot glue gun and add your writing.
I plan to save one as a Thanksgiving decoration for years to come and giving one to my in-laws since they will be hosting Thanksgiving this year!
I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving!