It’s the New Year! Have you already started your New Year’s resolutions? Every year I make a list of things I want to do aaaaaaand maybe I accomplish one or two things for awhile, then give up. This year I decided I was making ONE resolution …. I will wake up at 5 am every week day.
You are thinking “Wow that’s early!” “That’s your only goal?” Yepp, it is! I have other little goals, but I will not be able to accomplish them, without my MAIN resolution. My thought process is, if I wake up every morning at 5 am, that gives me an extra 2 hours or more to do what I want to do. The house is quiet, kids and hubby are still asleep and daycare kids have not arrived yet.
The past few months, since I had baby Amelia, I have messed around with a few ways to live healthier and be active.
- Planning when I was going to workout and where – I became overwhelmed and felt if I missed one class, the entire week was ruined.
- Working out during nap time- That lasted about a week.
- Going to YMCA classes when my hubby came home from work- I began to miss family time or I was completely exhausted and did not want to leave the house!
I was also:
- NOT making myself a healthy breakfast – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
- NOT allowing myself to wake-up before my day began – I would wake up about 30 minutes before daycare kids arrived.
- NOT allowing myself “me” time.
- NOT allowing myself time to meditate before the day began.
SOOOOO I figured if I make this one resolution, to wake up at 5 am everyday, everything else will fall into place. If I get myself out of bed at 5 am, what else am I going to do for 2 hours? It’s my time, I want to be healthy & active and this is my chance!
So far it’s been going great! I’ve been able to meditate, workout, shower peacefully, take my time preparing a healthy breakfast, and even prep myself a little for the day for when the kids wake up and daycare kids arrive!
This goes to show you may have several resolutions, you may want to achieve this year. It can be a little overwhelming BUT if you make ONE main resolution everything else will just fall into place.
Happy New Year’s to you! What are your New Year’s resolutions?!