First off … I am so excited about Midwest Mom & Wife right now! I have a Twitter account, Instagram account, Pinterest account and now a very own Facebook page. Everyone should follow along to get the latest updates on everything! You can also visit these by clicking on the icons on the right hand side of the screen
I am also excited to annouce that I will be participating in the Great Diaper Hunt with Diaper Decisions! It is such an awesome thing to be a part of and if you have not already done so, go sign up for the hunt. It’s a great way to support small businesses and bloggers, while winning prizes.
On to our laid back, fall weekend! We crossed a bunch more things off our 2013 Fall Bucket List.
1. Crockpot Applesauce
Nothing smells better then apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple cider brewing in the crockpot!
I did not follow a specific recipe and making apple sauce can be done pretty much however you want.
This is what I did …
1. Cut about 10-15 apples into chunks. I did not peel my apples and the number of apples used depends on the size you are using and how much sauce you are wanting to make. We used Wills Orchard apples, which were pretty small.
2. Squeeze half a lemon on top.
3. Add about 1 – 1 1/2 cups apple cider. We used Iowa Orchards tasty cider!
4. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, approximately 2 Tablespoons
5. Add 4 cinnamon sticks
6. Put on low about 6 hours. My crockpot cooks VERY fast! So this may differ for everyone.
7. Scoop the mixture out into a glass bowl and mash it up with a masher.
2. Carved and Painted Pumpkins
Monte did such a woderful job and he took the task very seriously!
He is such an artist 🙂
3. Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Papa Tony was nice enough to buy Monte the movie on DVD so we can watch it whenever! Sunday evening was the perfect night to cuddle up and wait for the Great Pumpkin to appear!
If you do not own It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, ABC is airing the show at 7 pm on Thursday!
Record it if you will be trick or treating, so you can watch it!
It’s was a PERFECT Fall weekend 🙂
What fall and/or Halloween things did you do this past weekend?