Lately, I’ve been posting a lot about recipes, activities, and kid projects, but I am passionate about several other things that I want to share with my readers!
I am no expert, but I have learned a lot along the way 🙂
I was lucky enough to be given a stash of cloth diapers to begin with, so my research of cloth diapering did not come until well after Mr. Monte was in them for awhile. The number one reason why we decided to use cloth was to save money! The being environmentally friendly was also a reason, but I admit it, money was the bottom line. After becoming pregnant and looking at the prices of diapers, I knew that it just was not going to happen.
There are so many options out there for cloth diapers …
- Bun Genius
- Fuzzibunz (we started out with)
- Alva (we have now)
- Sun Baby
The list goes on and on!
Then you have to chose whether you want …
- All in One
- Pocket Diapers – which can be one size or available in different sizes and most popular!
When you are preparing for a newborn, life is already stressful and hectic trying to decide what crib, stroller, car seat, etc. to choose from. Adding cloth diapers to the mix makes it a little bit more hectic.
Luckily, there are so many great resources out there to help you as you go …
- Facebook support groups – I belong to a few. It’s great because if you have a question you need a QUICK response to and don’t have time to do your own research, you will get feedback ASAP. It’s also a great place to learn from others experiences.
- Facebook swap pages – Cloth diapers are expensive to invest in (think how much you are actually saving though compared to purchasing disposals!) Sometimes you just don’t have the funds to invest though! Swap pages are a great resource to find inexpensive diapers! Most are usually used, but on occasions they may not be used. Also, this can give you a chance to purchase one diaper of several brands to see what best suits you!
- Facebook Co-ops – Another place to purchase cheap diapers! I admit it all of our stash, right now, are Alva Diapers! We love them! I love the prints and I absolutely love the price. These may not last as long as FuzziBunz or Bun Genius, but they fit our families needs.
- Kelly’s Closet – LOVE this site! Another great resource for answering questions about types, how to care for, purchasing, etc. This is my number one go to resource regarding cloth diapers!
Check out my Cloth Diapers page! I will keep great resources on there for you!
What is your favorite resource to turn to about cloth diapers?